Our not-for-profit mission:
"The Idaho Art Lab promotes the visual arts and provides opportunities to people of any age, ability or economic status to engage in the arts by offering art education programs, gallery exhibits & a gathering place for residents to be involved in the arts as part of their daily life."
Local Arts Links
Who are we? We are a volunteer visual art center run with plans for 3 full time & 2 part time paid positions. Volunteers get to use the art lab equipment and attend workshops FREE of charge.
Drop-in activities include:
- Paint Your Own Pottery Studio with ready to paint ceramic pieces ($1.00 & up)
- Art Supply Store from fine art supplies to kid's craft kits. Buy supplies or a craft kit and complete it at the Lab.
- Wooden creations that can be painted or collaged ($2.00 & up)
- Enjoy the Yellowstone Teton Gallery of Art, exhibiting local artists' original works of art. Artists, click here for deadlines and themes.
- Reference Library of art books, view the library here.
- Free use of project tables, easels, paper cutters and more
- Creation Station full of crafty items ($1 donation per user suggested donation)
Scheduled activities & other offerings include:
- Workshops for all ages and abilities, including after-school programs.
- Get certified to use on of our 14 Art Labs ($25.00 & up).
Click here to view our offering.
- Once certified to use a Lab, there are 14 drop-in Art Labs for rent at $3 - $5 per hour (see details below)
- Paint Parties and other Guided Group Activities, either at the Lab or on location. Have a Paint & Sip Party at your home or bring us to your workplace to guide one of 7 Group Art Parties! Get details here.
- The heated Mobile Art Lab bus carpools artists to our Field Trips, offered weekly from May to September. The bus also travels to the regions' schools, parks, hospitals, etc., spreading the joy of art and is used.
- Artist Residency program with kitchen, shower facilities and private room for artists to stay 1 - 3 weeks.
- Gift Store with homemade crafts, local artists' small works & local souvenirs
- Regional Distributor of bulk clay to schools & artists
- The Plein Air in the Parks program offering retreats to paint Yellowstone National Park and other national Parks & Monuments and State Parks.
More about our art labs: We offer drop-in, hourly rentals of art equipment in 24 different art mediums. Learn how to use the equipment with a Lab Certification Class (usually $25 - $35) then rent that Lab for $5.00/hour, $3.00/hour with a punch card or FREE with 3.5 hours/week of volunteerism.
OUR ART LABS INCLUDE :
- Ceramics (Paint Your Own Pottery)
- Hand Carved Block Printing
- Cartoon Animation (old-school cell or digital)
- Scroll Saw Woodworking
- Photography Darkroom for 35mm to 4" x 5" negatives
- Faceting gemstone cutting
- Painting in Oil, Watercolor, Acrylic, Pastel and more
- Screen Printing with Photo Emulsion and Vacuum Table
- Computer Arts for photo editing, illustration, graphic arts and more
- Illustration drafting table
- Paper Arts, paper making, cutting and embossing
- Vacuum Forming (vinyl, plastic, silicone and more)